A day without sunshine?
I always feel bad about posting without pictures. It’s a kind of difficult habit to work up to – lots of steps and remembering things, which I am not particularly known for unless they are obscure lines in inane comedy films.
So, no, no pics today. Here’s what I’ve been up to:
- Need to get me some wires to block out my Forest Canopy Shawl – yay! It’s sooooo soft. I just want to huddle under it until Spring remembers it’s late for something.
- I’ve signed up with The Kitchn‘s 8 week Kitchen Cure challenge. Yes, that middle photo on their post is, indeed, my kitchen! I took a ton of before pictures. It’s keeping me fairly busy.
- Yesterday I spent most of the day working on painting my Skorne Hordes army. I’ll take some pictures when they’re all done. I’m painting their armor peacock turqoise instead of the red they’re shown in, which is part of the fun of these figures. My elephant-like Titans are the palest shade of pink, because what is scarier than a rampaging pink battle elephant?
- In case you aren’t sure what the heck this is all about, it’s a game that is sort of like chess in the sense that there are figures with different moves that you play against an opponent’s army. But unlike chess, there are several different factions and the rules get pretty complicated. Still a lot of fun though.
- I’m eyeing several different projects to begin soon. A couple of friends are pregnant, so I may work on some baby booties for real.
- Just for fun, here’s the stuff currently at the top of my Ravelry queue:
- Urban Aran man’s cardigan – going to KAL with Mom
- Saartje’s Booties – I hear good things
- Arbor – a woman’s short sleeved sweater
- Spring Things Shawl – I would totally jump right into this one except I haven’t blocked Forest Canopy yet and I don’t know how often I’ll use it. I’m also chomping a the bit for the Icarus shawl.
- Ophelia - a sleeveless summery lacy cardigan. I’m still kind of on the fence about this one. I might try to concentrate on more mittens over the summer to prepare for our trip up to Victoria, Canada in November. We are going to freeze to death.
That’s about it for now. I’ll try to post some tasty pics this week.