I’m heading up to visit my family tomorrow, and of course today I am obsessing about what projects to bring.
The top-of-brain projects:
- Brain Slug – a birthday gift
- Toe-up Jaywalker socks – are being difficult. I can’t find a gauge, they’re taking a long time with the tiny needles I chose, so I’ll probably leave them at home.
- Fibonacci Cowl – (Ravelry link) The one I’m making is loosely based on this. Mine isn’t Moebius-like. I’m just not that cool. One math reference is enough for now!
- Prickly fingerless gloves – I don’t think I have any yarn for these but they’ll come in handy.
- A trio of floopy berets: Rose Red, Star Crossed (Ravelry link), and Bounce – I can’t decide! I might have to make them all.
- Carillon - A cropped cardigan whose pattern isn’t quite written yet – go look at the picture though! If you’re on Ravelry, please encourage the designer to finish writing the pattern! I told her I’d be happy to help her size it up to a large.
Tomorrow I’ll be visiting Halcyon Yarn! So I’ll have some supplies to look for there, as well as try out their spinning wheels. I don’t know how many are available to store visitors, but they carry wheels from Ashford & Kromski; Louët, Majacraft & Schacht. Dangerous. I have only tried Mom’s Hitchiker and a Louet S-15 which was damaged. I didn’t really care for either, but I think everyone’s preferences can be wildly different. I’ve been lusting after the Majacraft Suzie and Little Gem for forever. Thanks to our failing US Dollar, their price has been going up and up. The Louet company has a couple of base models which are really reasonably priced, so I’ll definitely try one of those out. They come unfinished, but it might be fun to do a little trompe l’oiel painting.
Wish me luck and keep an eye on my Flickr account for some good ole fashioned cellphone photo blogging!