We make an odd but stylish couple!
Also, I owe you a picture of the bustle itself:
Something about that dark teal is really hard to photograph. But you get the idea. It needs real boning, not the plastic bendy stuff. It’s already getting droopy in this picture at home on the duct tape dummy. Which doesn’t have legs for the back panel to brace against and be not-droopy, so it’s a combination of factors, but darn it’s cute.
It turned out way too big, and it needs something to make the front cuter. It’s a work in progress. Very comfortable to sit in.
On to the dreadhawk:
I made these myself from wool roving, a few strands of yarn, chinese wooden beads, brass coins, etc. Up top is my tiny top hat mounted on a headband, which is not comfortable, but very secure. Then come the shorter dread combs that I use for bangs. Then two bunches, one larger one as a base, one smaller one as an accent on top.
Getting my hair prepped to install the falls was interesting. I used B’s spiking spray to glue the twists and it did a wonderful job keeping everything in place. Here’s a little montage:
And a detail of the makeup – copper and deep aqua.
I’d like to get some better photos in a photoshoot sort of situation. It’s hard to capture the shinyness of the fabric when you can’t control the lighting!
It was a really fun Dragon*Con and I wish I’d been feeling better so I could have worn the costume a second night. Next year I hope I won’t get sick the day before the con!